Thursday, January 22, 2009

In honor of Trish

Today I'm not going to be writing the regular gift inspirational post. My hometown suffered a terrible tragedy this week. One of my classmates (there were only 29 of us) lost her 16 year old daughter in a fire. The State Fire Marshal's Office said the fire was caused by a build-up of lint in the clothes dryer. The build-up caused the dryer to overheat, melting wires which then incinerated. Her husband was also seriously injured. He was able to save two of their children, but was injured while trying to get to their oldest daughter. He is still in the hospital. Cheryl, my classmate, was at work at the time. As a member of Cheryl's class and in honor of her daughter, Trish, I have been asked to do everything I can to spread the word so this doesn't happen to anyone else. For me, the way to reach the most people is to blog about it. Please take a few minutes to click on the bottom link to learn how to prevent this kind of fire. Email the link to your friends and family and if you can help spread the word even farther, put the information on your blog. Do everything you can to let people know of this potential danger and please put the Eighmy family in your prayers.


Click on the photo to link to this tragic story.
and

10 comments:

simply seleta said...

Oh my goodness this is terrible, just heart wrenching. I'm praying for this family. I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy.

please sir said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thanks for informing us on using this kind of fire. Wishing you well...

Uncle Beefy said...

This is so tragic and I cannot imagine having to deal with this kind of loss. I will keep this family in my thoughts and prayers.

Krissy said...

aw. that is so tragic!!! wishing them good things.

K said...

Wow, this really is such a tragedy. Scarily enough, my brother's dryer just caught fire, but luckily they were home and able to put it out before it spread. It's horrifying to think this could have been the result. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm praying for them....and cleaning out my dryer tonight.

Relyn said...

Oh. Oh no. I am so sorry to hear of this sad, sad loss. I will be praying for this family. But, for the whole town. So many are affected by a loss like this. Thank you for sharing this caution with us as well.

nkp said...

This is heartbreaking beyond word and thought. Such an unimaginable tragedy and loss. Thank you for the link and getting out the word.

Anonymous said...

how tragic our thoughts and prayers to the family I am a G-R alummni and know Rod. How tragic very sorry for the entire community

The Lil Bee said...

Jae, I'm so very sorry. That is just so sad. I just watched the video and told Paul we need to have someone come and clean out our vents. There are so many hidden dangers to a house, it's so frightening. I am keeping your friend and her family in my prayers. You are a good friend to her to spread the word like this.

Relyn said...

Oh, Jae. Of course I am praying. I still am.

You were right. We do live in a small town. Two years ago we had
a terrible tornado. It destroyed several houses and killed two people. The next day, the whole town spread out and just showed up at the destroyed homes. The massive clean up took less than a week. I do love a small town.

Take care.