Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
I've been doing some research for this year's holiday gift guide.....you could probably tell since I've been talking about wrapping packages this week. Anyway, along with that comes setting the table. These placemats that were inspired from children's pop up books, would definitely add to your table setting. However, I think you could cut the placemat down and add it to the top of a package just as easily. They each have a space to write a name on them. I am partial to the vespa....always wanted one, but Florida's roads are far from vespa friendly.
Happy Friday everyone....hope your weekend is filled with the wind in your hair.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
So, after posting the wooden tags, I got to wondering what I could find on etsy along the same lines. Look at this cute little bundle.....imagine these gracing the top of your packages this fall or Christmas with a sprig of greenery.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Just in time for the holidays.....yes, they are quickly approaching.....we have new lollipop flavors. Not just any flavors, but pear and pomegranate. I know....what could be more perfect. I can hardly wait for them to arrive. We already know they make a huge visual impact.
As if they weren't fabulous enough, the ones we carry are handmade using only natural flavors and ingredients.
Posted by jae at 8:06 AM
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I was given an award recently. A literary award you ask? No. Mother of the Year award? No. A national journalism award? Nope...not that either. A meme award...yes...that's the one! Never heard of it. Well, it's a blog award that asks me to reveal seven little quirky tidbits about me me me. You can quit reading now if you like and come back tomorrow. How was I bestowed this prestigious award? I have Chloe from finding design to thank. She was incredibly kind in her nomination. Chloe...I'm so glad you find so much inspiration here. Here's my acceptance speech....cue the commercials.
1. I had 13 years of piano lessons as a kid and I rarely play.
2. I have extremely curly hair that I resist the urge to straighten....well, sometimes the urge is to strong to fight.
3. I live a life without added chemicals. Yes, that means in everything.....soaps, household cleaners, food....all of it.
4. I love a good road trip.
5. I have tried and tried, but I don't like beans. That means kidney beans, chili beans, and black beans. Yes, I know how good they are for you, but to me...they're beetles....crunchy shells with squishy insides....sorry, but I can't get past it.
6. I don't like horror movies. The senseless violence actually infuriates me. That and the fact that I'm too visual. Can't get it out of my head....nightmares for weeks.
7. I grew up in an enormous old Victorian home in the Midwest. My brothers and I now joke about how spooky many parts of it were. I never knew they were spooked too until we all admitted it as adults. Hmmm...wonder if that has anything to do with number 6?
Now, as part of the rules of the meme award, I'm supposed to list 7 blogs that I feel should be nominated. I'll post those another day soon. This was already difficult to write...enough about me...I'd love to hear a little something about you.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Not all gifts have to come in packages, these days one could show up in your inbox. Remember when receiving a hand written note in your mail box was a big deal to make up for all the junk mail? Wouldn't it be a treat to receive a gift in your email to make up for all the....well, junk mail? These little paper owls can be sent via PDF to your inbox to print and make. Aren't you the wise old friend?
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
This sweet little chickadee would make a sweet little baby gift. When Lily was a baby I had a big branch as her curtain rod. He could have sat right there and had his bird's eye view.
It seems the aqua fix continued today.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Friday, September 4, 2009
I know the posts have been a little sporadic lately. I'm working on some new things for sea and jae and everything worth while takes longer than you expect it to. I hope to be revealing things soon. In the meantime, have a memorable weekend as we make this transition into fall.
May all your traffic jams this labor day weekend be as interesting and exotic as this one. Photo credit belongs here.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
I've seen a lot of blogs writing about the unexpected in interiors lately. A poster from their favorite childhood superhero or a cartoon is an easy way to transfer the unexpected into a gift. I do think it should be large in scale to make the impact we are looking for here.
I'm wondering who or what would be on your wall?