Thursday, July 9, 2009

treasure hunt gifts...

My nephew is getting married soon and I wanted to surprise Lily with a little bag to carry at the wedding. Since she was just a couple of years old, she has always loved purses. I found an adorable little metal bag that I took home to her. I didn't even wrap it....it wasn't that kind of little gift. It would be an understatement to say that she flipped for it. I decided I had better clean it up a little bit so she didn't get her dress dirty when she carried it. You ready....that's when I saw the silver stamp and the fact that it is signed and dated.....you ready....1918! I'm not telling you what I paid for it....I kind of prefer it that you like me. Tell me, have you ever found a little gift that turned into an amazing find...the kind you usually only hear others tell tales about?

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Beautiful!! The detail in the purse is amazing. This is one of those occasions that are just meant to be. Hmmm.... I guess with the date of 1918 we won't be seeing another in your store? smile... A very special gift! Enjoy your day! xoxo

PS For the record, Jae I would like you no matter how much or little you paid for the purse.

jae said...

joyce - love your for the record...for the record on my end...it was a guilt feeling very little once i discovered what it was.

deena said...

love it! lily better keep her eye on that at the wedding. teasing. :)

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

An exquisite find...

Alexis said...

Beautiful...I want one for me!

jae said...

make mental note and tell lily that aunt deena is not to be trusted:)

mel and alexis - i loved it when i thought it was nothing...now i'm really taken with it. would love to know where it has been.

pve design said...

I could use an Aunt like you. I love finding things that are just the perfect gift to make people as well as others flip.
pve