I was given an award recently. A literary award you ask? No. Mother of the Year award? No. A national journalism award? Nope...not that either. A meme award...yes...that's the one! Never heard of it. Well, it's a blog award that asks me to reveal seven little quirky tidbits about me me me. You can quit reading now if you like and come back tomorrow. How was I bestowed this prestigious award? I have Chloe from finding design to thank. She was incredibly kind in her nomination. Chloe...I'm so glad you find so much inspiration here. Here's my acceptance speech....cue the commercials.
1. I had 13 years of piano lessons as a kid and I rarely play.
2. I have extremely curly hair that I resist the urge to straighten....well, sometimes the urge is to strong to fight.
3. I live a life without added chemicals. Yes, that means in everything.....soaps, household cleaners, food....all of it.
4. I love a good road trip.
5. I have tried and tried, but I don't like beans. That means kidney beans, chili beans, and black beans. Yes, I know how good they are for you, but to me...they're beetles....crunchy shells with squishy insides....sorry, but I can't get past it.
6. I don't like horror movies. The senseless violence actually infuriates me. That and the fact that I'm too visual. Can't get it out of my head....nightmares for weeks.
7. I grew up in an enormous old Victorian home in the Midwest. My brothers and I now joke about how spooky many parts of it were. I never knew they were spooked too until we all admitted it as adults. Hmmm...wonder if that has anything to do with number 6?
Now, as part of the rules of the meme award, I'm supposed to list 7 blogs that I feel should be nominated. I'll post those another day soon. This was already difficult to write...enough about me...I'd love to hear a little something about you.