Sunday, January 4, 2009

the year of the octopus

Wow. Here we are in the new year. So much has happened in the last 2 weeks and yet it is like nothing has happened at all. My Christmas was very nice, but that seems like a long time ago now. We got sick somewhere right after Christmas and didn't surface until a couple of days ago. Just in time for Drew, my oldest, to have his birthday. Even though time has stood still around here, I know that is not how it is "out there" and I'm anxious to get moving with the rest of you again. I have a lot planned for 2009 and I'm glad you're here. I'm taking inspiration from the octopus since I feel like I have my hands in a lot of exciting projects for this new year. What about you? Are you feeling inspired with the new year?

octopus artwork available here

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Definitely feeling inspired for the new year, but also got a lazy start to the year. I've been unmotivated to do anything that requires much effort. Let's just hope it's the holiday fullness and all the food that made me that way!

please sir said...

I've had a lazy start too - but feeling it put it up! Looking forward to a new start!

Petit Elefant said...

I love that print of the octopus! I'm so happy to know it's the year of a sea animal, how fun. Love your blog, by the way.

jae said...

Courtney and Diana - Here's to the end of lazy and the beginning of crazy (well, not crazy....but it rhymed).

Petit Elefant - I'm so glad you are here. I love that octopus, too. However, I think it is actually the year of the ox. I just dubbed it the year of the octopus myself.