Tuesday, December 23, 2008

In the last minutes

Here we are down to the last minutes before the big day. My decorating is much later than normal this year. We put together various evergreen branches to hang on the front door. I put some magnolia leaves and feathers in with the greens. I had already run magnolia leaves up my staircase at Thanksgiving, so I added greens to both to tie them together. We hung the stockings from the stairs so they are out of reach of this. Seems like this sort of thing is going around.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

It looks gorgeous!!!

simply seleta said...

Preppy, shimmery, and sweet. Sheer loveliness!

Courtney said...

Oh, I had almost forgotten we used to hang our stockings up the staircase in the house where I grew up. In the house where my parents have lived for the last 10 years, we haven't been able to do this! And my husband and I have a one-story. Thanks for the memories, and your garland, stockings, and other holiday decor look beautiful.

Thanks too for stopping by my blog. Yes, Courtney is the best, and I am glad that you enjoyed reading her interview!

please sir said...

Wow - looks amazing! Happy Holidays!

dee said...

Beautiful decorations, J, though I can't say I'm surprised. The tartan stockings are a nice touch! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday:)