Monday, July 28, 2008

The Gift of Gab

Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon Computer Science Professor known for his famous "last lecture" died Friday from pancreatic cancer. In September 2007, he gave a lecture to his students that has come to be known as The Last Lecture. His lecture wasn't about dying, but about living and overcoming obstacles and following your dreams. Every single time I watch this, I cry. So, if you haven't seen this before, grab a tissue and be prepared. His book would make a terrific gift for someone struggling through a difficult time, but also for no reason at all.....just to remind us that it's short and it's challenging and it's full of dreams, but life is yours.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I didn't know he had died!! Ugh. Both my husband and me read that book and barely made it through a chapter without tissues. JJ read it in one day; it took me a little longer but we both loved it! Randy is such an inspiration.

please sir said...

Wow...thank you for that reminder. I will have to grab the tissues and start watching.

Teal Chic said...

He was such an inspiration!