Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The artist within

How many times has this happened to you? You walk into a store or open a magazine and there is something you have had in your idea book right in front of you in the flesh. This happens way too often to me. It feels like people are living inside my head. The most recent of these frustrating experiences was just the other day. I have in my idea book to put together a coloring book drawn by several artists. I really think the quote by Pablo Picasso says it best. "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." Coloring books are a favorite past time and why can't they be taken up a notch. Imagination and creativity shouldn't stop once you have outgrown coloring books. I for one, would love a well illustrated coloring book to lose myself in. Tie some colored pencils to the top and you have a fun gift for any age. So, until I put my idea together..........attention all artists, I'll be calling on you soon...........here is a good substitute for my idea.
I know it is not gift of gab Monday, but for the tag, I would put that Picasso quote.

1 comment:

please sir said...

That happens to me all the time too! Well, that is a great idea - I say go for it anyways!